Monday, March 27, 2006

Who says the optometrist isn't fun?

Here I am Friday night with my kick-ass band. We had a great show.

We rocked like we've never rocked before. We had a great time and got lots of great feedback.

We're really hitting our stride. Woo.

We were having so much fun, after the show, we moved the party to our house. We hung out with our friends until way, way too late and had too much fun taking goofy pictures of ourselves with our iMac.

It was cool, or at least we thought it was cool until we realized that Bill and I had to be at the optometrist at 10 a.m.

Now, this doesn't seem like such an outlandish accomplishment, but considering we finally went to bed at 4 a.m., getting up at 8:30 was a bit on the painful side.

And to make things worse, spring moved in on Saturday and it was an absolutely gorgeous, bright, warm, sunny day — which sucked because this is how I looked when we left the eye doctor around noon:The doctor dilated my eyes. Bill got his done too, so we were both wearing this totally hot shades.

Bill wanted to get some food, but I knew that I couldn't make it through the drive-thru without collapsing into hysterics. We looked so ridiculous.

I was really awed by how huge my pupils got (yeah, I am very easily entertained). Here's a picture I took of myself after I got out of the shower a couple hours after my eye appointment:I look like I've been tripping which made me want to act like I was.

Who knew going to the eye doctor with only 4 hours of sleep could be so much fun!

No comments: