Friday, May 23, 2008

She don't need no stinkin' 2nd grade


Tuesday was Margaret's last day of school. She passed the second grade with flying colors ... not that kids really pass grades anymore, but instead get shuffled onward regardless of their progress, but I'm not in the mood for ranting about our failed education system right now.

I'm just glad school is out for summer. Now Bill is on duty.

I love summers. I get to have lunch AND dinner with my family every day, regardless of the fact that I'm the only one that has to get up early during the week.

Mar's going to be in third grade next year at a new school. I wrote about that over here.

I feel like I can finally exhale. No more classes, no more writing curriculum (OK, I will be writing curriculum for the 19th c. class I'm teaching in the fall, but I'm not counting that) and no more worrying about homework or piano lessons.

Thank gravy for summer.

No comments: