Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Polanski and child sex abuse

Roman Polanski raped a 13-year-old girl. He admitted he did and then he ran away from his punishment. Now just because many years have passed, people are saying that he should be let off the hook for his heinous crimes?

No. He should pay for his horrible acts and he should pay dearly.

It's important to us as a society that we never allow such actions to be justified.

Don't take my word for it, click here to read a survivor's word for it.

So long as children are still being raped, no abuser should ever be allowed a free pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too, am a survivor. It wasn't my Dad, or an old man. It doesn't matter that it wasn't a psycho who jumped out of the bushes to attack me. What happened was still traumatic. 20 years later, I'm still dealing with it. IT HAPPENED.
There is no statute of limitations on pain.

-Tracee