Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A trip to see cool stuff: Grand Canyon Edition

Over here, I wrote about how we ended up driving through the southwest to see cool stuff. Our first stop was Vegas.

Our second: Grand Canyon.

It indeed qualifies as cool ... super, blow-my-mind-with-its-awesomeness cool.












You might notice (well, you definitely will notice once I point it out) that I'm wearing a necklace in this picture.

Yes, that's normal for many women. It is not normal for me.

For years now, I've been fighting the "it's nice, but it makes me feel like I'm trying to be something I'm not" feeling about wearing necklaces. Then while looking for nice Navajo pottery, Margaret saw this green turquoise necklace and I tried it on ... and never took it off.

You will likely see me wearing this necklace every day for the rest of my life. Because that's how I roll.

No comments: