Tuesday, December 26, 2006

How I spent my Christmas vacation

I love spending Christmas with family. Growing up Christmas was all about family.

After Margaret was born, we would often travel to California to spend the holiday with my parents and my brother's family. This year we decided not to.

So we were alone this Christmas.

But as much as I miss being with my family, we had a great Christmas holiday staying home and visiting with our friends.

Saturday we went to the new movie theater and saw "Night at the museum."

Lookit the size of that soda. It's like a vat o' Cherry Coke instead of an individual sized beverage.
We played "Hats on" with my dear friend, Kristen's extensive hat and scarf collection.
And we were home for Santa to deliver some Christmas joy.
And I got to spend my Christmas day relaxing and enjoying these faces.

I also spent a little time with the gift Bill got me. Do you see it on the Christmas tree? Yep, it's the iPod Shuffle ... it is the coolest little thing.

And Margaret got the spend her day enjoying the bounty of her Christmas haul.

I've also been doing some introspective reflection and realized that I could never receive another gift and I would still have everything that I could ever need.

It was a Merry Christmas.

No comments: