Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas wishes

We wait until Christmas to open our Christmas presents. They are, after all, Christmas presents, not Christmas Eve presents or two-days-before Christmas presents.

So, Bill was surprised when I stood in the kitchen Christmas Eve morning in my knee socks and demin skirt and told him that I was going to open one of my presents early.

"I haven't had a chance to run a load of black laundry," I cried as I clutched a box artfully wrapped in Old Navy wrapping paper.

"Ooohh," he nodded, understanding my predicament.

My black turtlenecks were dirty and it was Christmas Eve and well, ... I wanted to be wearing one of my black turtlenecks.

Why? Because I always want to be wearing a black turtleneck.

Earlier this month, we received a call from New York. Bill's brother had pulled my name in the annual Christmas present name draw thing that his family does.

Of course, the call wasn't from the brother, but the brother's wife. She delightfully explained that she hadn't the foggiest what her husband should get me since we've never actually met face to face (so goes the long distance family relations ... we really need to make a trip to Buffalo next year).

I explained in graphic detail that I would love to have a black, cotton, turtleneck sweater from Old Navy.

So as I stood shirtless in the kitchen Christmas Eve morning, I was hoping that Sadie would come through for me.

Oh yeah, sister, she came through with not just one black, cotton, turtleneck sweater from Old Navy, but two black, cotton, turtleneck sweaters from Old Navy.

I was thrilled. Thrilled, I say.

At that point, I had five black, cotton, turtleneck sweaters from Old Navy. Oh how wonderful is that?

Not nearly as wonderful as six black, cotton, turtleneck sweaters from Old Navy ... they were having an after-Christmas sale and they were only $9.75 and I had a coupon ... so yeah, I now own SIX black, cotton, turtleneck sweaters from Old Navy.

I can wear one everyday to work. EVERYDAY until summer I will be wearing a black, cotton, turtleneck sweater.

All my Christmas wishes have come true.

1 comment:

That Chick Over There said...

You are totally easy to please!