Friday, March 23, 2007

Cut the power

I'm looking our the list of songs that my band covers right now. The list contains two columns: covers and originals.

The column of originals is now longer than the list of covers. Yep, we've got 19 covers and 21 originals. It's a good place to be.

I'm searching our list because of what I read in this column which appeared in The Daily Sentinel's entertainment magazine, Out & About today. For those who are click-o-phobes, the column says that my kick-ass rock 'n' roll band is doing an acoustic set for a fundraiser for the local community radio station, KAFM.

Yep, acoustic.

We've been talking about doing this fundraiser, but I didn't realize that it was acoustic until I read that.

At first, I was all — 'the hell? But now I'm really warming up to the idea. We could show the softer side of Riveter and feature Kelley's amazing pipes and be all sweet and cuddly and make more people love us.

It will be interesting, to say the least, to see how this turns out.

No comments: