Wednesday, November 08, 2006

But it was still good

This story is dedicated to KP:

I came back from lunch today with a hankering for some chocolate. I scrounged up 60 cents and headed on over to the vending machines.

Most often I get Peanut M&Ms, but today I needed something stronger and wanted to get the most bang for my buck (er, 60 cents), so I went with the old Three Musketeers.

I like the Three Musketeers because it's so rich that I have to take my time eating it, or it'll make me a bit queasy. I like to eat the chocolate coating off the outside then eat that fluffy stuff on the inside. Unfortunately, the chocolate tends to splinter.

As I was gnawing away at the coating, my phone rang just as a hunk o' chocolate took a dive and bounced off my key board on the floor.

When I got off the phone, I saw the errant morsel and picked it up.

I examined it.

It was still good. I hadn't ran it over with my chair or stepped on it or anything.

So I ate it.

And immediately I regreting that decision. There was a texture to it that was decidedly not Three Musketeers — no, it was more like KitKat.

I can't recall the last time I ate a KitKat.

I was kind of grossed out, but it was still good.

1 comment:

Tanuki said...

Chocolate can be consumed at any age or state of decay. It's nature's perfect food and will grow no pathogens and has been known to spontaneously cure all manner of disease.