Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Karma rivetergirl-style

So, like I said yesterday, I wrote a column about the problems we are having with Margaret's school. It ran in the paper Sunday.

Today I called Margaret's school to leave a message for her teacher saying I wanted to volunteer to help an upcoming field trip.

Do you think I could be so lucky as to have the nice secretary answer the phone?

Uh, nope.

The principal answered.

Gulp!

The first thing out of her mouth was, "We're so sorry to hear that Margaret won't be attending here next year."

What are the chances that one of the three times I've called in the last two years, I get the principal?

But that's how things seem to work for me.

I told her that we've decided nothing and that we don't even know what our options are for next year.

She did share with me that there would be multi-aged classes next year. To which I replied that Bill hates the idea of multi-aged kids. I'm not sure why he hates this idea so much, but a lot of schools use this model and I went to a school that had multi-aged classes.

Does anyone know what the advantages are?

Now, it seems that we're faced with a bunch of choices that we don't know anything about.

Gah! and double Gah!

No comments: