Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday wrap-up

Yep, I'm wrapping things up on Monday this week. And why the hell not?
See, there is no good reason.

First, this:
Yes, Easter has passed but last week, Sexy Bunny Man (aka Markel d'Farkel) and his dear wife had to put down their kitty and it just didn't seem right to be exploiting his sexy bunny-ness during such a sad time for them.

And while it's still a sad time for them, Markel spent several hours at our house Saturday night kicking our asses at Guitar Hero II. My stepson left his PlayStation 2 at our house and we rocked the night away playing this game. It is so much fun and waaaaayyyy too addictive to be healthy.

Second, our trusty friend and sitter, Tracee Trace, mustered her non-contagious self and sat for us Friday night so Bill and I could go be the rock and/or rollers that we are.
Here's Bill on the harmonica during their cover of Love and Rockets' "No new tale to tell" while rhythm guitar player, Danny, fills in on Bill's bass.

Pretty flippin' sweet!

And here we are, rockin' our jumpsuits.

It's fun playing shows where we only have to do one set. We had a good time!

Third, I finished the quilt that my mom and I started last month. I took my time and it really came out nice:
Yes, the cats love it, too. You can put anything on the floor without at least one animal getting on it.

Here's how it looks on the futon where it's going to be living:
Just lovely! Thanks Mom!

Oh and click over here to read the Haute Mamas "Fun Monday" project.

Or click over here to read the column I wrote that ran on Sunday's opinion page. I've never felt so bad about being honest before. I basically spent the whole weekend trying to pretend like I didn't out my kid's school.

Gah! Who says honesty is the best policy?

No comments: