Monday, January 23, 2006

The beat goes on

That's Dave Wakeling from the English Beat.


This is Uber-husband and I with Dave Wakeling from the English Beat.

Yeah, we were just kicking it with the English Beat backstage at their show here Saturday.

That's what life in Grand Junction can afford you ... the opportunity to hang out some amazing musicians.

And in Uber-husband's case, not only did he get to hang out with the English Beat but his little band the Wrong Impressions got to be one of the opening acts.

And I got to soak it all in. It was nice getting all the benefits of "being with the band" but not having to actually do all the work associated with playing. I got enough of that Friday night when my band played.

Friday night was quite a night ... good, bad and unusual. But I'll tell that story tomorrow.

No comments: