Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend silliness

I wanted to upload a poop-pot full of pictures for today's entry, but Blogger seems to be suffering from some lethargic illness causing uploads to drag on for way too long.

It's Monday, I've got class tonight. I don't have all day to horse around here (OK, I do have a lot of time to horse around, but I'm impatient).

So I created a collage of the pictures I wanted to upload.

And here it is:

Saturday we celebrated Debbie's birthday (She's pictured with Wee One in the upper, right-hand corner). She's 29 (again)! And as with all 29-year-olds, she wanted to celebrate her 29th year (again) by playing Risk: the classic game of global domination.

I like playing Risk. I like winning at Risk, too. So we played Saturday night, it was fun, blah, blah, blah. I didn't win.

While playing the game of global domination, we kept an eye on ye olde human clock, as I was bound and determined to see at least one of my photos up on that site.

And at precisely, 10:29 p.m. mountain standard time (the time zone that time forgot), we all witnessed Riveter featured on the human clock.

And yes, that is a picture of ye olde iMac at the precise moment that our picture came up (I'm lame, I've said it before. It shouldn't be surprising to y'all). (Notice the Risk box on top of the computer.)

A general good time was had by all.

Sunday, I spent a good portion of the morning in the basement having a love affair with ye brand-spanking, new G5 iSight iMac.

I downloaded, organized and Photoshopped photos and created the collage from yesterday's post.

I've read several reviews of the new iMacs. They mention the new features, including the Photobooth program that allows you to take any number of distorted and generally freaked out pictures of yourself. One review said that Photobooth will likely be a program that the new user plays with once and then forgets.

Not us, we use it whenever we have people over. Everyone must have their picture taken (and their height recorded on the wall). House rules.

It's a good time.

But not nearly as much fun as it is taking pictures outside the house ... in strange places, like the grocery store.

Hence the bottom four pictures in the collage.

Our fellow shoppers didn't quite know what to make of me directing Uber-husband to move his head closer and closer to the meat in order to get yet another shot for the ... human clock.

You can just imagine my screechy voice, "No, move your head closer to the rump roast!"

OK, I'll admit that I am a bit obsessed with the human clock, but at least it's not clementines, eh?

No comments: