Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wednesday miscellany

It's Wednesday and there's no chocolate-chip muffins in the snack machine.

And my band didn't make it into the gogirlsmusic.com SXSW music festival that is being held in Austin this spring break. Normally, I'd post a link to the event, but since those %$@!s didn't accept us, I'm not going to go through the trouble of inserting a link.

Oh, and yes, I did just censor myself there. For those that know me outside the cyberworld, know I like to swear like a mutha ... um, I mean, sailor. But I've decide to tone my colorful language down ... for a while at least.

See, my beloved Uber-husband sent the link to this sorry-excuse for a blog to his family in New York (Big shout out to the family in Barker ... canna geta "Woo"?) and I'm still trying to convince them that I'm good enough to be part of the McCracken clan, so I'm gonna try to act right (I know I've attempted this before with miserable results, but it's a new year).

OK, onward with the minutia:

I found a quarter this morning. (Hey, when you've been having a crumby week like I have, find any amount of money is a good sign.)

Also, two photos Uber-husband took at our show Friday are going to be on the Human Clock and I loves me some Human Clock.

The interesting thing about these photos is that he took them at exactly the time shown on the paper. I mean, he could've just taken the pictures during sound check and called it good.

But he didn't and I can prove it. Check out Laurena's shirts in each picture. Behind that heart-shaped bass, you can see different shirts in each picture.

Yes, we like to change shirts in between sets. You could see that I'm wearing a different shirt, too, but Johnny and his camera phone are in the way in the second one.

What's funny is that now I have three pictures up on the Human Clock and the chances of me ever seeing any of them are pretty slim. One picture is 6:11 a.m. and these two new ones are late at night — these just aren't times that I'm on the computer or if I am, I doubt I'll even remember to look.

Oh well, at least I know they're there. I guess they are like Santa.

We started going to yoga again.

Here's a picture of me in class last night.

Yes, I'm super strong like that.

What? No, that's me. My hair just looks dark and I appear to have lost a good 20 pounds. Yoga will totally do that for you.

K. Well, I think that's all I got for today. Maybe tomorrow I'll find a whole dollar.

No comments: