Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ta da!

If you happen to be lucky enough to live in the Grand Valley here in Western Colorado and you looked at the newspaper for which I work today, then you likely already know my news.

(If you haven't had a chance to lookit the paper yet today, do it now. Especially page 8A - the back page of the front section ... go on now, lookit.)

For those living elsewhere (or who are just too damn lazy to lookit the paper), y'all can just click here.

"Haute Mamas" is the newest blog on gjsentinel.com and I'm one of the haute mamas.

I've joined up with two other moms to write what will, hopefully, be a fun look at the joys, trials and frustrations of parenting.
Here we all are: Richie and baby Soren (wearing a onesie we bought for the baby in San Francisco last year when Richie was about 3-1/2 days pregnant); me (again with the glasses — I think the glasses will be my Haute Mama signature); 14-year-old Alex (who had to be paid to pose for this picture ... ah teenagers) with his mom Lynn. And in the back, Mar, of course.

Everytime we'd get ready for a picture to be taken, Mar would cry out, "Richie's butt." Yeah, classy, I know.

Richie is the impetus behind this new blog. After Soren was born, she would talk about the experience with such honestly. I mean, most new moms talk about how beautiful their babies are, where Richie admitted she was hoping for a cute baby ... of course, now that he is actually cute, she's changed her mind, but she her honesty really inspired me (and made me laugh). Because anyone who's seen a freshly born person ... there ain't nothing cute about it.

We're going to be updating everyday (again ... hopefully) with the three of us taking turns. There's a post from Richie up there now and my first entry will post later today and Lynn's will show up tomorrow.

So please feel free to look (or not). Oh and leave us comments, too. Comments make us feel important ... cuz you know, motherhood doesn't.

No comments: