Monday, September 11, 2006

Capping the can

I wanna write about our kick-ass trip to Denver, but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow as I need to cap off the can o' worms I opened regarding myspace and my stepson.

Go here and read my column that ran on the opinion page on Sunday.

Make sure you read the comments.

I'm both horrified and delighted (how often am I both of those things ... yeah, too often) that a woman from Today's Christian Woman magazine wants to quote my column. I wanted to send her this e-mail:

Dear Christian lady,

I'm a raving heathen.

So, do you still want to quote from the mouth of Satan?

Love,
Chick who is gonna burn in Hell

But instead I took Bill's advice and told her that I would be fine with her quoting me. You know, because I want everyone to love me. And I love irony.

I also love the comment from the guy who took issue with my use of the word "Nazi" and to him I say, "Calm the hell down, word Nazi."

And to the drugged up crazy who left me a comment on my previous post here (aka "roger" the long suffering brother of rivetergirl), I say:

Do you think mom and dad would have turned a blind eye had I been keeping empty bottles of Jagermeister and an ashtray of roaches in my room?

And yes, I do realize that most of what they are publishing posturing. Because of that, I only asked Sean to remove the most egregious of the items. He's still got things on his page that are questionable but my point wasn't to be a complete fun-sucker.

My point was that I checked up on my kid, I didn't like what was going on. He and I talked about it, he made changes and I am once again completely in awe of his general goodness.

But the best part is that now he and I have established a relationship based on mutual respect and trust. So score one for the evil stepmother.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's installation: Rivetergirl will wow y'all with her tales of how Riveter hit the big city and of how one Denver bassist got Daisy Rock'd.

No comments: