Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The glamorous life of a rock star

Sunday saw Riveter at our first official photo shoot.

KP and I were at a party over the summer. Toward the back of the yard we found a couple of graffiti artists down in what looked like it could have been a pool ... a long, long time ago.

And we were right. The house is of a early 1950s vintage complete with built-in swimming pool. For some reason, about 40 years ago the pool was drained and sat to decay ever since.

There are trees growing in the bottom of the pool. It's crazy.

But cool. And KP immediately thought it would be a great place to have our picture taken.

She was right.

Keith, our photographer, took over 100 shots and I can't wait to see them ... and of course, post some of them on this blog and over here, as well.

Here are a couple of shots I snapped while the other girls were getting their individual pictures taken.
Yes, KP, why so hot?
Bridgett working the urban agnst angle of her persona — complete with sunglasses at night (that's right, I just made a Cory Hart reference ... I'm so old).
See, I told you there were trees growing in there.
Laurena working the squat (don't say "working the squat").
And here Professor La La is playing the little Dutch girl.
Yes, we did load most of Bridgett's drum kit down into the deep end of the pool and brought our guitars down for some action shots of us playing ... er, pretending to play.

We were actually disappointed once we got down there that we couldn't actually play. But it did inspire some thoughts of having our CD release party there ... could be fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evidently I am old as well, because I totally got the reference, complete with images of the old music video playing through my head.

Rivetergirl said...

Oh, it's so good to know that I'm not alone ... out here in the world of the '80s.

Tanuki said...

The material world?

Rivetergirl said...

Of course, because I am a material girl.