Wednesday, September 20, 2006

More evidence

Yes, it's true fall is here as evidenced by the acrid smell of burn lint and cat hair that permeated my house this morning.

Bill turned on the heat for the first time since last spring. Mar was happy to have the chill knocked off but she was still firmly anchored to the space heater when I left for work this morning.

I've started pulling out my sweaters and dug through my sock drawer in search of a pair of tights that allow the gelatinous mass that is my thighs into them ... no luck, by the way, I'm wearing pants today.

We're taking full advantage of these days outdoors. The weather is perfect for Margaret to race around on two wheels and we've been walking to her school in the evenings. She plays and runs around while I like to swing.

Also with the fall comes the triplet's birthday. The birthday honorees were too busy racing around enjoying the mark of their 9th year for me to get any decent pictures of them. But I got a couple of Mar and friend, Janess.


These girls are two peas in a pod, same age and same willingness to spend an awful lot of time crying instead of enjoying themselves.

I thought I was the only one who had a kid who wanted to mope and fuss over trying new things, but Janess proved me wrong. Her mom and I shared stories of our precious little girls and their weepy tendencies.

It's nice to know I'm not alone.

And lastly, Friday while Bill was at band practice, I insisted that our dear friend, Ty, accompany Mar and I to the mall (on a Friday, I know, the life of a rock star is so glamorous). After which we stopped for ice cream at Soda Jack's (yum-my).
I love this picture of Mar, lookit that skinny little neck. It's a wonder it can hold up that big melon of hers.That's the look you get if you ask her to share.

She's pretty serious about ice cream.

No comments: