Thursday, January 04, 2007

Adjustments

So the tree is down (Bill took it down while I was at work yesterday — just another benefit of having an educator as my man) and the house is pretty much back to its pre-Christmas state.

Oh, except for the monkey-armed, sack of bones that we call Frida. She's caused all kinds of household disruption - mostly good though.

Margaret loves playing with her and has taken on all the responsibilities of cleaning her box — a task for which we upped her allowance from $1.25 a week (I can't remember why but we agreed that five quarters would be a just allowance) to two bucks a week. Believe me, I'm happy to pay someone to search for the kitten putrid-smelling, cat-box treasure.

Quincy the dog has developed a bizarre love for the kitty which makes no sense because Frida's main interest in Quincy is in slapping her face. I guess that dog is so desperate for attention that she'll take whatever she can get.
Isn't that sweet, Frida is sleeping in Quincy's lap and both are wedged up against me as I veg out on the sofa (wearing one of my six black turtlenecks. Speaking of turtlenecks, I now have six, so it seems unlikely that five of them would be in the laundry this morning necessitating me to wear on old one to work today. Gah, the indignity of having to wear an old sweater. But on the bright side, it doesn't seem that anyone notices so what the hell? )
Yeah, cute kitten and dog pictures ... I just realized that I've become one of those
people. You know the type who think that other people care about how cute their kitten is . Oh well, I'm just gonna go with it.


Switching to the non-lame and pathetic channel, I was in the recording studio last night working on our new CD. I laid down tracks for two songs and am pretty happy with the result.

"Pretty happy" that's huge for me. As a novice guitar player, I've striven for "not too sucky." When we listened back to what I recorded, Bill was utterly surprised at the lead track I laid down.

Go me, doing leads like a real guitar player.

1 comment:

Tanuki said...

Soon you'll be shredding it up like Yngwie Malmsteen...hammer solos everywhere!