Thursday, January 18, 2007

Inertia

My dear, sweet, smart, goofy nephew is the key to the legevity of our family lineage. He's the only son of an only son of an only son. If he doesn't reproduce male heirs, our family name will die out.

But there's no pressure on the kid.

I doubt that the potential of our family name going the way of the dodo bird is high on his list of priorities these days mostly due to the fact that he just turned 8 years old.

His birthday was the 11th.

On the 4th, we bought him a gift — plenty of time to get it wrapped and sent off before his birthday.

On the 8th, I brought home a shipping box for it. But the kitten liked the box ... a lot.

On the 12th (a day after his actual birthday), Bill wrapped the present.

It looked lovely sitting on our dining room table.

On the 15th, I brought home a new box since we couldn't separate Frida from the first one.

On the 16th, I addressed the box and Bill taped it shut.

This morning, the 18th, Bill mailed the gift to the sole heir of my family name.

Tardiness. I wonder if it's an inheritable family trait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are late. But thats ok, I like presents anytime!

Thanks for thinking of me!

Oh wait, I should wait a month till I say thanks. That would be the keeping with the family tradition.