Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bitter: it's not just a taste anymore

Yeah, I'm bitter ... and tired ... and bitter and tired.

My kid is still sick, just as sick as she was Sunday. They're calling what she has the respiratory flu. Basically it's the worst cold that you wouldn't even wish on one of your lesser enemies (because you'd totally wish this on your worst enemy — it's e-e-e-v-i-l).

I stayed home with her yesterday and listened to her cough until I was able to get my hands on some codeine cough syrup. Then she slept ... finally. Her nose is like a broken faucet and then there's the fever ... damn, fever.

We didn't send her to school today , but instead took her to our trusty daycare lady, who is our lifesaver, to say the least.

Tomorrow we're supposed to be traversing the Continental Divide to go see the scroll on which Jack Kerouac wrote "On the Road." We're already been charged our first night's lodging so we're pretty sure we're still going to go, but it sucks that Mar is sick.

Since I don't want to leave y'all on a grumpy note, go here and watch this guy draw this daily monsters. Great short clips that make me wanna start drawing (and it helps me forget that I have a sore throat ... which was Mar's first symptom).

No comments: