Thursday, February 22, 2007

My kid

If I knew ahead of time what a challenge parenting is, I would've smacked myself with the a cast-iron frying pan a couple of times and then went ahead and had a kid anyway.

Being a parent is the hardest, most-challenging responsibility I've ever undertaken. Some days I feel like I'm going to be crushed into blintz from the pressures of making the "right" decisions for my kid. But then she'll sit down at her keyboard and play a sonatina from memory and I can't believe I wasted all those years without kids.

Tuesday, Margaret and her classmate, Cora, represented their school in the school district's Battle of the Books. Click over here to read how they did.

But gah! The gray hairs and wrinkles that I'm getting will always be a reminder of this time for sure.

No comments: