Monday, June 18, 2007

And it's just about over ...

Hurray! My family is coming back today!

I came back from New York last Tuesday, leaving Bill and the kids to enjoy more time with the fam.

From what I could gather from our phone conversations, they had a good week without me ... shocking I know. I mean, who yelled at the them all the time, while I wasn't around? I bet they acted wrong a whole bunch and grinned knowing I wasn't there to give them the mama eyeball of death.

It's been well over seven years since I've spent more that a couple hours by myself. So I relished my time.

I kept to myself and really enjoyed my time along — except for Saturday when I had a couple of parties and a hair appointment (What? Do you think blonde hair just grows out of my head?). Despite the fact it got close to 100 degrees Saturday, I rode my bike everywhere. It was awesome.

Saturday night drew me down to the Spotlight to see Denver-based rockabilly band, Buckwild. Their bass-player chick played the stand up and rocked in the most awesome way imaginable.


They were having a great time shredding up the stage until this happened around 12:45:

Someone plowed through the new roundabout downtown and creamed into Buckwild's rental van. Doh! But no one got hurt, so that was lucky. I'll tell you what, nothing puts a damper on an evening like a hit and run.

No comments: