Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Spit, don't spray

So I already wrote about getting my tooth worked on. Today I had to go back and get the crown fitted.

Despite the fact that they had to "gum" (that's "numb" for those unitiated to the world of Margaret speak) it up because it was so sensitive, it was fine. However, I had the same problem this time as I did last time.

After all was said and done, the dental assistant said I could rinse my mouth at the sink. Well, fine and dandy, I'm not one who'll pass up rinsing at the sink ... I mean, ooooh, how exciting.

Now the left side of my bottom lip is completely numb. I pour in the water and close my mouth to do a little swishing.

At least I thought that I had closed my mouth. Instead the stupid "gum" lip stayed propped open and when I would swish, the mouth wash would shoot out the top of my lip like a fountain.

So this time, I made sure that my lips were actually closed and guess what?

Yep, mouth-wash fountain all over myself.
You think I'd learn ... maybe next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where 'the Hell' are you? No blog posts for a week now? Is everything ok?