Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Very, very not tan

The summer I met Bill, I had been spending a lot of time outdoors and I was proud that my skin had turned from its normal translucent quality to what I considered tan. (This was, obviously, years before I became the skin cancer Nazi. But even then I kept sunscreen on my face all the time.)

Years later Bill admitted to me that even though I had talked about being tan that I was indeed not tan ... and was actually still "very, very white." Yeah, he called me very, very white, but in the most loving way, of course.

But I've come to terms with my pastiness and accept that I am intended to be pale. Now, I see a tan person and I shake my head in pity knowing that while they might look aiight now, that tan is going to come back and bite them in their leathery ass at some point ... maybe.

Accepting that I am ultra-white girl doesn't mean that I like the way the glare off my jumbo, gelantious thighs blinds small children at the pool. So it was with great delight that I learned that I am not the only one suffering this affliction.

Click over here. Make sure you scroll down to the conversation between Weet and her husband about her white pants — Brilliant, like most everything she writes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may white, but I have to say that you have the most luminous, dewey, porcelainish skin around. I'm actually rather envious of your beautiful complexion.
Love, Tracee

Anonymous said...

That's funny, I just read your Weeta link and EVERY word I used to describe you in my first comment was used in hers. Sorry. Maybe I'll just call you "Arian". Wait, thats prolly not a good one either. Still love ya. Trae-Trae

Rivetergirl said...

That is funny. I thought you had read the Weet blog and that's why you used all those descriptive words. Awesome.

Oh and thanks for the compliment and coming from a girl who I've never seen have a blemish it means a lot.