Thursday, August 28, 2008

Saying goodbye

It's never easy to say goodbye, but sometimes you just have to know when to let go.

Now is that time ... mostly because I can't hold on any more.

It's gotten way too small.

And I can't fit it into the pencil sharpener any more.



So today, I'm saying goodbye to my wee pencil, my dear tiny pencil that I've had for many months.

And because the thought of using another pencil is just ... too ... painful, I've decided against getting a new one.

Well, I have to have a pencil (I mean, it's not like I can write on my calendar in ink, can I? Puh-leeez.), but my new pencil is blue.




It makes the pain a little more bearable.

6 comments:

Shonda Little said...

Rest in Peace, little pencil.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to bury it or put it into the wood chipper??

It looks like it was such a great friend, too.

Rivetergirl said...

Naw, Slick, I'm going to keep it in my desk drawer so I can stroke it gently and remember the good old days.

Anonymous said...

Don't say...




-Tracee

Anonymous said...

OMG, wee pencil. I always hated saying goodbye to those. Could never bear to actually throw them away.

Rivetergirl said...

New Age Bitch, I couldn't throw it away either. I still have it in my desk drawer and I feel bad for it every time I take out my new blue pencil.