Thursday, May 17, 2007

All hail the greatness of TV

While Margaret is slopping down her breakfast gruel each morning, we let her watch TV. I know, I know, she could probably be learning Spanish or how to make a nuclear bomb out of a piece of wheat toast, but we let her watch TV.

She used to watch Dragon Tales with a fervor usually reserved for sightings of the Pope or Elvis, but then just recently she discovered How It's Made on the Discovery Channel.

If you get the Discovery Channel and haven't yet watched this show, I would recommend it. It's a half-hour show and feature three or four items and show you ... uh, how it's made. It's really very cool. And we've all been amazed to see how bubble gum and gloves and kites and putty knives and garage doors are made.

So this morning as Mar was getting ready for school and saying good-bye to her cousins, she stopped when she read How It's Made start. The announcer listed the items that were going to be covered and when he said peanut butter, Margaret cried out, "Oh good! Now I can see if they really make peanut butter out of cockroach legs like everybody says."

Not sure where "everybody" is getting their information, but I'm thrilled that the mighty TV is setting the record straight — that peanut butter isn't made from cockroach legs, but peanuts and rat poo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even I've seen this show. I learned how they make jelly beans. They tumble them!!! I eat a lot of peanut butter so don't gross me out!