Wednesday, May 30, 2007

She's on to me

Sunday Margaret walked out the front door with the phone in her hand.

Margaret: "Mama, your mom's* on the phone."

Me: "OK."

Margaret: "She wants to talk to you."

As she hands me the phone, she smirks and adds: "About your behavior."

I stare at the back of her head as she walks away and wonder where she comes up with these things. She's going to be 7 next month.

*Margaret calls my mom "Gramma." But when Mar talks to me about my mom she always refers to her as "your mom." She never says, "Gramma's on the phone." It's always, "You mom's on the phone." This strikes me as odd. But my dear little one is odd. Maybe I'll start calling her "Oddly."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so? Was it about your behavior?

Unknown said...

Actually it was not about my behavior at all.

She was just being a smart ass (I have no idea where she gets that!).