Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Taking too much pleasure

Last night after a long day Bill asked me to look at the bottom of his foot. He said it felt like he had a splinter.

Upon examination, I found a red bump and decided that if there was something in there, the skin had healed over it.

Armed with a flash light, magnifying glass, safety pin, tweezers and some peroxide and assisted by my sister in law, Lisa, we began excavating the red bump.

I started through the layers of skin gently at first while Lisa held the light. Every now and then, I'd hit the offending spot and Bill would shriek and jerk his foot back.

Lisa and I would laugh.

I dug some more, Bill moaned and we laughed.

It wasn't really funny, I guess. But the sight of us with flash light and magnifying glass and tweezers and Bill panting like he was in labor was absurd enough to delight our sick senses of humor.

I continued to dig deeper with the safety pin and then clean the area with the peroxide. Bill would go, "Oooowwwwahhhh! Oh gawddddd!" and jerk his foot around.

Lisa and I would laugh.

Ultimately, we found nothing in his foot, but Lisa and I got a good laugh.

No comments: