Friday, May 18, 2007

Workin' at the car wash

I'm not very good at car maintenance. I promised myself that I take better care of this car, but have only marginally succeeded, in that I wash it more than any other car I've owned (believe me, that is not saying much).

So after several days of driving around a filthy car, I decided it was time to make a stop at the car wash.

Mar loves going through the car wash, although she prefers the one our neighbor, Jenn, goes to as it has "octopus arms." I mean, really, what's better than octopus arms?

But to not disappoint her, we went to the car wash with the "colors that smell good." (Now there's a marketing idea that will make a million.)

Yep, I pay a buck or two more for a car wash to listen to Mar delight in having what the car wash calls "triple conditioners" squirted on to the car.

Why does a car need triple conditioners? Is it getting split ends? I have no idea but we saw someone get the triple conditioners once and Mar thought it was the second coming ... the second coming of car wash coolness that is.

So I paid the extra money yesterday so we could see this:

I can't imagine that these technicolor "triple conditioners" do more than act as a giant glue stick. Now, my once clean car is covered in an even coat of yellow pollen that embedded itself into those psychedelic so-called conditioners.

At least they smell good.

No comments: