Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Desperate times call for desperate measures

It's like a drug ... playing music is (so sayeth rivetergirl in the guise of Yoda).

And I like it. I'm just not satisfied to play at home to my cats anymore. I miss playing with my band.

We're trying to finish our second CD and we don't have another show until the end of June, so we're not practicing regularly. Band practice has been a constant in my weekly schedule for a few years now.

I got so desperate I decided to play my acoustic guitar at open mic night last night for no good reason other than I needed to play some music. Luckily Kelley volunteered to go with me. I sang two songs and Kelley sang one.
And it was really fun. The place was packed — which for some reason amazes me. It was a Tuesday night and open mic didn't even start until 10. Don't people have jobs?

Kelley and I went first so we could go home and get to bed. Yeah, we're rock stars and all, but a girl still needs her beauty sleep if she's gonna make it to work in the morning.
I love this one. Kelley looks concerned, like she's thinking, "Yo heifer, open your eyes and sing already."

I get to record tonight. I'm excited about that. It's been a while since I've been in the studio and I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

I'm very excited about this new CD and am anxious for us to get it done.

Woot! to music.

No comments: