Thursday, May 10, 2007

R&R family style

I'm taking tomorrow off work so we can go with my brother and his family to Glenwood Springs for the weekend. It couldn't have come at a better time. The semester may not be over yet, but our batteries are running low.

We're all staying at a "resort cabin" here and we're going to take the kids here on Saturday. Bill and I are looking forward to doing some sitting on the cabin's deck. Lord know we are in need of some serious sitting.

*********************************************************************************

We are really enjoying our time with my fam.

Last night we went out to eat and proved again why people avoid eating out with the Dearings and/or McCrackens:

(This photo was taken by Margaret. I love the reflection in my sunglasses.)

Because it's not good enough to just sit and enjoy a meal, we constructed the Tower of Condiments. Ta Da!!!
But all good things must come to an end.
My niece, Mackenzie. She'll be 10 in July and is about the most demure thing I've ever known. I just love that about her.


My nephew, Colby, he turned 8 in January.

Colby and Mar are two peas in a pod. They both love to give into the frenzy that is childhood — which is awesomeness ... for the most part.

But really, the three of these kids have so much fun together. They are a force to be reckoned with, to be sure.

*********************************************************************************
Bill and I had our parent-teacher conference this morning. You can read about it over here.

No comments: