Thursday, September 20, 2007

Can't type ... reading

I always have a book that I'm reading. Sometimes it's literature, sometimes it's trash, mostly it's somewhere in between.

What ever book I'm reading is always in my bag which I carry everywhere. I'm afraid that I'll end up somewhere with nothing to do, so I always drag whatever book I'm reading around with me. (Yes, my neuroses do run deep.)

Right now I'm reading the latest in Preston and Child's Agent Pendergast series. I love these books. They definitely aren't high literature but they are a fun read. They're always polished and sophisticated without being dry. Not too much detail, but enough to paint a rich picture.

The only problem with these books is that when I'm reading one of these books, I don't want to be doing anything else. I've even gone to bed early a couple of times this week so I could read.

I love it when a book grabs my attention like that, when the characters float around in my head and I wonder what's going to happen next ... and on that note, I'm going to go read.

No comments: