Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bring on the anxiety

I wrote this for my Haute Mamas blog on GJSentinel.com:

New Year's resolution/goal/thing I want to accomplish

Richie has made some really good and attainable resolutions for the new year.

Lynn, on the other hand, is forgoing resolutions and instead is setting smart and health goals.

I not sure what the difference is between a resolution and a goal, but we learned last year that Lynn can not only set lofty goals, but she can achieve them (every time I drive over the Monument, I'm impressed with Lynn's Rimrock Run finish).

When Lynn first started talking about her goal to finish the almost-marathon over the Colorado National Monument, I was a bit jealous.

Not because I, too, wanted to train for the run, but because I wanted to have something lofty for which to strive and train.

Maybe for MY 50th birthday, I'll take on the Rimrock Run.

But for my 40th birthday which still is more than a year away still, I have set a personal goal that I may or may not share on this blog. Time will tell.

But I do have a goal and/or resolution that is very important for this year and it gives me an anxiety attack just thinking about it.

To keep reading, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No way! You are not going to be 40!! You're 28 or something... That is amazing to me! Why is it that the older two people get, the closer in age they become?

Sandra