Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chub-a-lub

We just started a contest here in the office at The Daily Sentinel. It’s loosely based on the hit TV show, The Biggest Loser.

Those of us wanting to shed some unwanted pounds (are there really “wanted” pounds? Well, I guess Richie gets to add those wanted baby pounds) are weighing in weekly with prizes going to the one who loses the most weight percentage.

The best thing about this contest is that it’s got us talking about our weight, our eating habits (and drinking habits) and it’s got us thinking about what we want for ourselves.

I’ve always been a chunky girl ... click here to continue reading

2 comments:

adspain said...

Great article. It took me two years to lose the baby weight from my daughter. I'd gotten up to 220 while pregnant due to moose tracks ice cream. After cutting out meat (soy burgers, ground soy for tacos, that sort of thing) I went from 180 to 135 in about 4 months. That was 7 years ago - I'm 120 now because I have to take Topamax for seizures. My family keeps trying to "fatten me up", which is really weird. Sounds like they're gonna cook me for dinner.

Rivetergirl said...

Cookiewonton, thanks for sharing your story. I love hearing other women's success stories. I'm doing pretty good just by cutting our snacks and sweets.

I was on Topamax for a short period a couple of years ago to treat my migraines. I lost tons of weight on that drug but it was poisoning me so I had to go off it. Luckily for me when I eat well and exercise I get fewer migraines. Funny how that works.

Thanks for your comment and I hope to have my family trying to fatten me up some day!