Monday, June 05, 2006

I want to ride my ...

BICYCLE!

Bill's getting me an Electra cruiser for my birthday.

I can't wait to get it.

Bill surprised me Saturday morning with the news that I could get a cruiser.

I've wanted one for a long time, despite the fact that I have a perfectly good, almost-new mountain bike that Bill bought me when we were first dating (by almost-new, I mean not been ridden much - the nubbies are still on the tires).

It's a nice bike but as with mountain bikes, I have to be all hunched over the handle bars. Oh and I never want to ride my bike on anything but pavement or concrete. I have virtually no interest in traversing any of the ba-jillions of world-class mountain bike trails around here. It just seems ... bumpy and hard. Why would I want that for myself?

I test rode one of the Electras they had in stock and loved it. I was actually laughing and saying, "This is so much fun!" while I was riding the bike around.

I could've gotten one they had in stock, but I have a picture in my mind of what my bike looks like and it looks like this:But with a white basket, headlight and a bell, of course.

So happy birthday to me.

Friday's birthday celebration was a great time that included excellent shrimp tacos, Snickers and white cake and a good, old-fashioned watergun fight.

Markel and Special K got Davy and I giant waterguns and to be fair, smaller water guns for others to play with. There were a million little kids and a raucous water fight ensued.

The fight ended with our friend, Josiah, turning the hose on the kids until he got yelled at.

Here's a picture of how much Bill missed me ... er, uh, being home?Bill said to me, "Hey Honey, take a picture of me kissing Greedy." So I did. I'm kinda disturbed in that he'd just got home from a long trip and wanted to have his picture taken kissing Greg, but what the heck.

2 comments:

Rivetergirl said...

The fact that you have to tell me that I kiss better than a man is just ... yeah, weird. Why did you want me to take this picture in the first place anyway?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.