Friday, June 30, 2006

Regular irregularity

Tomorrow will see the Rivetermobile packed up and heading west.

We're going to attempt the highly dangerous (at least to one's sanity and marriage), death-defying "drive it all in one day" feat.

800 miles, one 6-year old, one goat-smelling 15-year old (who is going to be doing some of the driving), one crabby, generally unpleasant 36-year old and one worn down by his shrew of a wife 46-year old, one portable DVD player, two iPods, two seasons of the Simpsons and a giant bag of sunflower seeds ... you think we'll be able to make it?

Or I guess the better question is, do you think we'll be able to make it intact?

The Magic 8 Ball says, "Outlook not good."

I take that as a good sign.

I don't know how much blogging I am going to be able to do. My mom has dial-up ... I know, dial up. Who has dial-up anymore? And the crazy thing is that she pays for a whole other phone line ... but her computer is too old to get broadband. The Mac fairy needs to visit her.

We're taking Bill's laptop in hopes of being able to scam off someone's wireless.

Think good thoughts for us ... we're gonna need 'em.

No comments: