Thursday, October 19, 2006

Oh fall! How we barely knew ye

Remember all that talk about the change of seasons, from summer to fall?

Well, there might still be some leaves on the trees but fall is in the process of running out on the dinner bill.

Last night I slipped into bed wearing sweatpants and a yoga tank.I snuggled into my flannel sheets and fell asleep. Around 1 a.m., I was rudely roused from my slumber by the clinking of ice cubes that had formed on my feet. I was freezing.

After laying there trying to convince myself that I didn't need to actually get out of bed, I jumped up and threw on some socks and a long sleeved t-shirt. I even turned up the heat. Gasp!

Normally on cold nights I never have to bundle up because I usually sleep next to my human furnace. But Bill flew off to the nation's captial on Tuesday and with him went my camera.

And I miss it ... er, I mean, him. I miss him (and I do, really. Everytime Mar and I are left alone, I'm reminded of how much he brings to our life everyday and we're counting the minutes until he returns) and I miss my camera.

I carry my little Nikon around in my bag with me everywhere. So yesterday when I drove past a backhoe that had split an old, two-story house downtown in half, I immediately thought, "Ew, cool. I'm gonna stop and take a picture." Followed quickly by, "Damn, Bill had better come home with some great photos."

He comes home tomorrow. I can't wait.

___________________________________________________

And that's not all, if you click here you can read about my kid's first bout with addiction. Today it's children's Motrin, tomorrow she'll be on the street trying to score generic ibuprofen.

5 comments:

Tanuki said...

I ate most of a box of my mom's Chocolate Ex-Lax back in the 70's...and nothing happened!

Rivetergirl said...

Mmm ... chocolate Ex-Lax.

Tanuki said...

Tasted just like a Hershey's bar.

Anonymous said...

LOL, I have a little addict too!

Rivetergirl said...

Why does Ex-Lax need to be chocolate flavored? And can't Motrin just be good enough that a kid'll take 'em but not so good she begs night after night for her "two pills"?