Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The smell of burning flesh

For those that have never seen or just don't like the TV show The Office, this post is going to be of no interest to you, so go ahead and scroll down to the picture of my kid and click the link.

Bye-bye, people who don't watch The Office.

K. Now, remember the episode where Michael cooks his foot with his George Forman grill?

Yeah, the one where Dwight wrecks his car.

That episode is on disc 2 of season 2 and is Margaret's favorite. I don't know what about that particular show would delight a 6-year-old as it does, but she likes it and asked to watch it numerous times over the weekend.

That was fine with me because Sunday (after the whopping 2-1/2 hours of sleep I got) I was ready to lie listlessly around the living room and watch the same half-hour comedy over and over again.

At one point, Margaret dragged out her coloring supplies and created this gem:
Do you see what it is? It's Michael burning his foot on a grill.

I think it's genius, of course.

I made her go back and add a caption. She wrote, "Micl brd his fut."

Translated into English, "Michael burned his foot."

The red word to the right of his head says, "Aw" and was part of the original drawing. Because I'm sure that is exactly what Michael said when he burned his foot on his George Foreman grill and ruined his morning bacon treat.

2 comments:

Tanuki said...

Ha! She's writing dirty words in Austrian German. She learns quickly!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?