Thursday, September 18, 2008

Husband logic

My husband called me at work laughing just now. "So, can you pop popcorn with a cell phone?" he asks.

He was, of course, referring to my post from yesterday linking to my Haute Mamas blog video where my co-workers and I try to recreate the myth that you can pop popcorn with cell phones.

Spoiler alert! You can't.

But it was fun to try.

(Click here to see Richie and me on GJSentinel.com's 60-second update. We're haute.)

We're going to be doing more "experiments" like this in the future so keep checking in with the Haute Mamas. Oh and if you have any ideas of things you'd like to see us do, leave a comment. We're game for most things (and by most things, I mean things in which we keep our clothes on, thankyouverymuch).

When I revealed to Bill that no, you cannot pop popcorn with cell phones, he laughed more and said, "Of course you can't, there's no heat source." (If you click the snopes.com link on the Haute Mamas blog you can read how they edited the footage to make it seem like the popcorn was popping.)

Whatever. Smart guy.

And while he is a smart guy, he has some crazy logic sometimes.

Recently our cleaning service came to try to make our house presentable. We just aren't very good housekeepers. Things were dirty.

You should've seen how excited I was to see that the inside of our microwave was clean. Oh and behind our toaster, too.

We're fancy now with our clean house (or what used to be our clean house ... several days of living in our clean house has made it not so clean anymore ... I wonder why that is?).

While we were admiring our clean house, Bill decides that we need to get a new vacuum.

Me: Why? Ours works good enough to vacuum two rooms of carpet.

Bill: Yes, it's good enough for us, but not for them.

Me: Huh?

Bill: What happens when the belt slips off and they can't vacuum.

Me: They'll clean something else instead.

Bill: Yeah, we need to get a new vacuum.

Me: (blinks incredulously)

So we're in the market for a new vacuum — not because I've wanted one for the past two years, but because someone else is using it.

Does that make sense?

I don't think it does, but I've been lusting after a Dyson for a long time, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut (for once).

4 comments:

Kevin McKeever said...

At least your spouse reads your blog. I still have to print it out and hand it to mine.

Rivetergirl said...

I find that the easiest way to get him to read my blog is if I mention that I wrote about him and included pictures ... like the time he passed out in a chair next to the curb.

Anonymous said...

Yes, a Dyson! Wanna borrow mine for a test run?

Tracee

Sara said...

My husband says he won't read my blog so that I can complain about him!

I don't know what makes him think I'm smearing his name all over the internet!!