Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sick day

There are chewed up tissues all over the house.

Margaret has a cold and the dog is loving it. Quincy loves to chew on used tissues. Could there be anything more disgusting? Oh yeah, eating cat shit — which she does all the time.

I love cats and dogs. But you never see a cat eating dog shit. So ...

Yeah, so Margaret's sick. We decided about 3:30 a.m. last night after she got up for the kajillionth time because she couldn't breathe that she needed the rest and wouldn't be going to school today. Shortly after that Bill jumped out of bed and said, "Do you want to come watch Conan with me?"

At 3:30 a.m.? No thank you.

But Bill wakes up many nights at 3:30 a.m. and watches Conan O'Brien. He loves himself from Conan.

But I don't care how much you love some guy's hair, there no way in Hades I' m hauling my cookies out of bed at 3:30 a.m. to watch TV.

And just because I'm awake at 3:30 a.m. doesn't mean that I want to take advantage of my lucidity to watch late-night TV. Bill does, though, all the time.

Yeah, he's got insomnia. But he seems to enjoy it a little too much. It's like he enjoys his alone time with Conan in the middle of the night.

What's up with that?

No comments: