Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day mayhem

Murphy's Law hit the Dearing/McCracken household over the Labor Day weekend ... big time.

You can read about that over here.

These pictures will make more sense after you read the story.


OK, I don't actually mention that Bill was helped in his endeavor by a tie-dyed and kilted Greedy.




Nor do I mention the giant thistles.

Or the giant coral mushrooms.

Um, maybe these photos aren't clarified by the story, but they are still awesome in oh-so-many ways.

4 comments:

Nonie said...

I have never in my life seen a mushroom like that. Can you eat it? Is it one of those funny mushrooms?

Rivetergirl said...

Hi Merry!

We are novice mushroom hunters and rely on our more experienced friends to help us distinguish the edible from the inedible. Those coral mushrooms are inedible as are most of the mushrooms you'll see. I don't know that I've seen any "funny" mushrooms by us, but they might be out there.

-rd

Anonymous said...

Geeeezus, after reading that story..I'm glad my weekend was partly filled with my job!

Well, they say bad things comes in 3's.....maybe it's time for some good stuff.

Or just get drunk.

Rivetergirl said...

Slick, I have to admit hanging out around a giant hole in our front yard while our neighbor paraded around in his kilt and tie-dye was pretty awesome. I left out the part mentioning that everyone who drove by our house did a double- and triple-take. Also awesome.