Thursday, February 19, 2009

I could kiss today on the mouth

WARNING: Be prepared for an indulgent, feel-good, gush. It's sickeningly optimistic. I hate myself a little for writing it, but sometimes a girl has to give herself some props!

If today was a person, I'd totally give it a big ole kiss right on the mouth.

Today is the week 6 weigh in for my office's Biggest Loser challenge.

Last week I flat lined. No gain, no loss.

This week?

I am down three pounds!!! Woo Hoo!

That makes it a cool 16 pounds I've lost so far. I'm stoked.

I started to get complacent last week, but am back to my diligent self. And believe me it hasn't been easy, especially since we've been eating out more. But I've found that most chain restaurants have nutritional information on their Web sites. So I just look up the menu and the nutrition before we eat out and decide what to get.

For the local places that don't have Web page nutritional listings, I've been using the calorie counter on my iGoogle page. I estimate what I had and figure out the calories.

Last night was my mom's last night in town (she's going to California and Washington and Las Vegas ... we're glad for her but sad for us. Bye Mom! We'll miss you!) so we took her to the local gourmet pizza place.

I had one big piece and one half piece. I was full, but I had the hardest time seeing the left over pieces sit there exuding their deliciousness. Instead of indulging, I hid the leftovers in a take-home box.

I try to keep my calorie count between 1,500 and 1,800 per day and actually have been pretty successful.

I'm also exercising at home most evenings in front of the TV.

It's been working for me, so I'm going to keep it up.

Go me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome..ness!

Sandra

Rivetergirl said...

Thanks, Sandra. It's slow going, but I'm making progress.