Monday, April 27, 2009

Living the rock-star life

I love tons and tons of stories and pictures and breathless moments to share from Friday night.

But since I'm sick and very busy at work and really tired, I'm just going to share probably the funniest thing that happened Friday night.

Hell, it might be the funniest thing that has ever happened with stickers.

A while back, we ordered a couple thousand stickers for our band that have our name and our contact information. They are inexpensive stickers and we like to stick them on everyone that comes to our shows.

Sometimes we just stick them on people even if we're not playing.

So Friday night before we opened for Bret Michaels (yes, I am going to say that about a million more times, because ... dudes, Bret Michaels ... I know), we were squeezing our way through the packed venue giving out stickers as we normally do.

After Bret (yes, Bret Michaels) was done (and his set was rockin' — seriously), we were lingering around, basking in our glory and having a few drinks.

Well, Bill had more than a few and he found himself in possession of our roll of Riveter stickers.

Somehow he convinced girls ... lots of girls ... to let him put Riveter stickers on their ... um, ... boobies. They agreed happily.

He kept yelling, "Robin, look at this."

I was too busy being a rock star to watch boob after boob being revealed and stickered.

One guy standing next to me wondered, "How is he doing that?"

Good question. But I think it was the power of Bret Michaels. His fans are hardcore and rock out with their ... well, uh ... boobies out.

After the theater kicked everyone out, we three Riveter girls lingered around talking to Big John and Bret's band while the security guys were trying to get the throngs of adoring Bret Michaels babes to move the hell away from the bus.

Bill, still with his roll of Riveter stickers, shouts out, "If you wanna get on the bus, you need a sticker." And with that he was engulfed in girls, boobs and the scent of coconut stripped oil.

It was quite a sight to behold, my husband standing outside Bret Michaels tour bus slapping Riveter stickers on rabid Bret fans.

Oh the power of rock 'n' roll.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok... but after you catch with your rockstar self...we want pictures and more stories. We have had to wait days for them, ya' know? How can we live vicariously through you if your not there?

Sandra

Rivetergirl said...

I know and I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a tease. I swear I'll post some pictures as soon as I'm able and will tell the tales.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself...

Anonymous said...

Poor little Rivetergirl... she was too pooped to party afterwards. We made it to the VI and that was it.

We're all so proud of you!!

-Tracee