Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

Our dear friends, the Flenards, talked us into to going to Geeks Who Drink last night.

It's been a while since we Geeked and our normal Geeking posse it mostly out of commission due to the impending addition to the Reed family (Greg and Sarah's baby boy is bound and determined to come sooner than later it seems).

But last night, we three couples (oh and Serg, whose contribution was sarcasm) dubbed ourselves the Whispering Eyes (giggle, giggle, thatmeansvagina, giggle) and proceeded to kick all kinds of geek-drinking ass.

Now, you have to understand that I enjoy competition. I enjoy trivia. I enjoy playing games. But I LOVE winning Geeks Who Drink.

You know why?

Because it's hard.

There was an entire round last night on the Lord of the Rings. Lord of the Mofo Rings, people. I saw one of those movies and it annoyed me. I mean how many scenes do I need to see of that dude standing around holding that flippin' ring already?

Luckily for us our one of the couples, Wayne and Sandy, rocked that category. My contribution was to go to the bathroom and drink beer while they answered the questions.

Another category was on songs that had something to do with sisters. Tracee is a musical savant and kicked all kinds of ass on that one.

So basically everyone else answered questions while I drank beer.

But you know what? I was on the team of people who knew the most answers. So woo hoo, I'm a winner.

Winning is awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weiners! We're weiners!
I still liked Bill's suggestion for what we do with the prize giftcard- a round of shots at the bar before we left. Brilliant!

-Tracee