Monday, March 20, 2006

Goodbye

My parents left for home Saturday morning. The weather forecast looked good, so they packed up and headed out.

I'm sad to see them go, but am thankful for the time shared. It was good.

While they were here, we drove out the Unaweep Canyon to the tiny, blip of a town, Gateway.

Gateway is interesting for several reasons.

One is that this is what the valley looks like:

The area is so beautiful that it caught the eye of John Hendricks, the founder of the Discovery Channel.

He bought land and built a pretty nice resort out there. He's also in the process of building a car museum. The jewel of his collection is a 1954 Olds concept car which Hendricks bought for a measly $3 million.

The resort is all south-westerny with a nice restaurant and hotel. As we were walking around, we noticed a giant kaleidoscope in a courtyard.

I took this picture which included my dad's fingers:

On St. Patrick's Day we donned our green (OK I was wearing a shamrock sticker on my regularly scheduled black duds) and headed over to the botanical gardens, where I took these photos:


Yeah, I'm tired today (shocker, I know). I have a cough that's been keeping me up. I have a call into the doctor to try to get some narcotics, so hopefully I'll be more likely tomorrow.

Let's hope so ... I'm boring myself to death.

No comments: