Tuesday, March 28, 2006

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it

I went to bed last night in a snit. I woke up in a snit.

I'm still in a snit.

Or at least I was in a snit until I started eating this glorious chocolate, chocolate-chip muffin. Now all the little things that were causing me to snit seem all chocolatey. Maybe I'll just eat my frustrations ... mmm, chocolate-chip annoyances, my favorite.

I'm not gonna lie. I love chocolate, chocolate-chip muffins. You can tell by the layer of muffin crumbs that live in the bottom of my keyboard.

And the great thing is that they're great for me.

OK, maybe they aren't the most nutritious but they work for me on so many levels.

See, I hate fad diets. I hate the idea of fad diets. I'm so glad the Adkins cult has finally been relegated to the closet.

I really got sick of hearing about carbs and how many carbs are in my chocolate, chocolate-chip muffins.

There aren't any carbs in a my muffins ... only chocolatey goodness.

The best part of my steady date with chocolate, chocolate-chip muffins is that I actually look better now than before I began using them as my cure-all, my great indulgence.

By eating a chocolate, chocolate-chip muffin in the morning at work, I can change the course of my day.

I'm in a better mood because I'm full and not just full, but full of chocolatey goodness.

I'm more inclined to eat a better and smaller lunch, make it to yoga class, do cardio, take Mar to the park, blah, blah, blah because of my chocolate, chocolate-chip muffins.

If you boil it down, a muffin is really just a little cake and I love cake.

I'm not the only one either. My dearest, Markel, loves cake, too.

Markel and I have invented International Cake Day to celebrate our love for cake.

International Cake Day falls on any day when we want to eat cake.

It's a beautiful holiday and requires only cake.

New Year's Eve saw the birth of the cake shot which is the reason, I'm sure that our drunkard friends were actually able to stay awake until the ball dropped — nothing like a dose of refined sugar to keep the eye lids open.

Cake shots are small, bite-sized pieces of cake often served in cupcake wrappers. Genius, I tell you.

So my day is off to a better start because of my chocolate, chocolate-chip muffin which is good because my kid is sick and I'm going to have to ask my boss if I can go home at lunch time to stay with her.

Here are a couple of completely non-cake related pictures of Margaret from Saturday. I love this first one. She started pouting over something and I told her to wait, just as she was, while I went in to get the camera. So there she sat mid pout until I could snap this picture: After she had forgotten what she was pouting about and instead turned her attention to drawing this line:

4 comments:

Tanuki said...

Cake in all of its forms is the shizz. I should bust out the pastry skills and make a real cake for once instead of relying on Safeway to bring the love.

Rivetergirl said...

Yo. I sense a cake party/Barbie massacre in the works.

Tanuki said...

Word. I also love that Wee One held her frown that long and it absolutely doesn't look posed. Her inner actress is fierce.

Rivetergirl said...

I know and she sat like that while I took several pictures. I was going to keep taking pictures until she changed expressions, but she never did. God, I love that kid.