Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Peachy keen

I wrote about my love for peaches over here.

Then we had dinner with our great friends, Markel and Special K, Friday night.

I love eating with these guys because they know food, how to make food and generally the joy that is all things food.

We were assigned an appetizer dish. Not wanting to be the weak link, Bill searched around his cookbooks and found a recipe that he thought sounded good.

He took a fresh loaf of ciabatta from our local bakery and sliced it long wise and covered it with pungent Gorgonzola cheese. He broiled the bread until the cheese started to bubbled. Then he quickly removed the bread and covered it with sliced peaches and topped the whole thing with tons of honey.

Um, yeah, delicious. Between the four of us (Mar had a couple bites), we ate almost the whole loaf with me having more than my share.

Awesome.

We've fixed it again a couple days later with apricots from our tree and bananas as well. Good, but the juicy peaches are the best.

Luckily for us, Bill's appetizer was just the beginning of our dining experience. Markel and K made a delicious skewered chicken seasoned with all kinds of yummy things that I obviously know nothing about because I'm an eater, not a fixer. The chicken was served with stir fried green onions which were too tempting thereby Bill and I were lead to eat a couple raw with salt ... and not just any salt, but their "good" salt. Mmm salty. Markel also kicked down with sweet-assed couscous with toasted nuts.

All in all, it was an awesome meal and a wonderful dining experience.

I love good food and good food made by our good friends is the best.

Yum!

No comments: