Thursday, July 12, 2007

Spoiled

This has been a really fun summer so far and we still have more than a month to go ... hurray!

Despite the fact that I leave for work most mornings with Bill and Mar still snuggled in bed, I come home for lunch most days to a yummy home-cooked meal and yet another one for dinner after work.

It's awesomey goodness.

I so wish I could earn enough that Bill could stay home all the time. But I'm lucky enough to get the full-service treatment three months a year, so I won't complain.

Now don't get me wrong, I still have my fair share to do around the house. Last night around 9, I mopped all our hardwood floors while Bill watched a documentary on the Hells Angels on the History Channel. (Dude, Sonny Barger has a tracheotomy — now that's hardcore.)

And I still do the laundry ... but that's because of my own anal tendencies and I can't stand to have the towels folded any way but the way my mama showed me.

But I also get to be all, "But I had to wooorrrrrk all day" and get whatever I want (not that I don't normally get what I want, but at least I have a compelling reason during the summer.

It's also great that Margaret gets to spend so much time at home with her dad. They go to the library and the pool, they take care of the house and play with rocket balloons in the front yard.

It eases my guilt somewhat about being a working mom.

Yep, I'm lucky to be one spoiled mama.

No comments: