Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Thank goodness

Thank goodness for holidays that fall in the middle of the week. It's like I have two two-day weeks instead of one five-day week.

Sweet.

Thank goodness for the family that lives behind us. The mom and daughter run a day camp out of their house. Margaret is attending this week. Yesterday she learned about the states. She studied Texas. She can tell you the capital and all their dominant exports.

And the best part is that she has camp tomorrow ... on my vacation day off. And you know what they are going to be doing?

The kids are going to plan, make and serve dinner to us parents.

Dinner, the kids are making dinner away from my house on my day off for me to eat.

I, on the other hand, will be sitting around in my drawers all day watching cable TV and having a contest with myself to see how long I can remain motionless.

Thanks goodness for the Fourth of July.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

First off, a very positive way to look at the midweek holiday. It kinda had me bummed until I read that. Next year -- Friday! Thank you, leap year!

Secondly, good for Margaret -- all learning about Texas. All hail the mighty state!!