Friday, July 27, 2007

News of the hugeness variety

I've written before about my love for the Supersuckers and all things Eddie Spaghetti. I'm sure I've mentioned that Laurena and I drove to Salt Lake City to see Eddie and I had him sign my acoustic guitar:

See the signature down there at the bottom? Yep, that's Eddie's. On the same trip, La and I wrote a song about the aforementioned Eddie. It's called Spot the Bunny (a name that has no correlation to the song whatsoever and is only named so because Laurena is mean). You can listen to it here.

Then while driving back from Salt Lake City after seeing the Supersuckers with Social Distortion last summer, Laurena and I wrote a song about my obsession with the band called Creepy Girl. Yep, that's me, Creepy Girl.

I'm excited to announce that I will have even more fuel for my Creepy Girl obsession with the Supersuckers, in that my band, Riveter, will be opening for them here in Grand Junction on August 24.

Yes, you read that correctly, we're opening for the Supersuckers at the Mesa Theater next month.

After that show, I could (but won't ... we're opening for the Gore Gore Girls in September) hang up my guitar for good without any regrets. Opening for my favorite band is a dream come true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! Congratulations to Riveter.